Faiza is a Senior Associate in our corporate team specialising in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions across a range of industries. In addition to mergers and acquisitions, Faiza also has significant experience in advising on equity and capital markets, employee incentives, shareholder arrangements and general corporate and commercial matters.
Originally from Western Australia, Faiza worked at PwC Legal for five years before joining Lander & Rogers in 2018. Her diverse experience gained from working in a professional services firm has given Faiza significant insights into the broader areas of finance, tax and accounting, allowing her to bring a more commercially rounded approach to her legal advice.
Faiza's career highlights include advising:
- Uniti Group Limited on multiple capital raisings including the most recent fully underwritten placement and accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer to fund the $523m acquisition of OptiComm Ltd by scheme of arrangement;
- ASX-listed AdAtla Limited on its capital raising by placement and non-renounceable entitlement offer;
- BidEnergy Limited on its capital raising by placement and share purchase plan;
- a NYSE-listed insurance brokerage firm Gallagher on its acquisition of the WorkCover and workplace injury consulting business carried on by P2 Group;
- ASX-listed Adalta Limited with its recent private placement and entitlement offer to shareholders;
- NYSE-listed data management company Iron Mountain Inc. on the Australian component of its global restructure and corporate integration plan in conjunction with its acquisition (by scheme of arrangement) of the Recall Inc group;
- Edith Cowan University on its joint venture with Navitas Limited to form Edith Cowan College;
- a US based online fashion community with various capital raisings in preparing for a future listing on the ASX;
- nutraceuticals distributer OzFarm Royal Pty Ltd in relation to its joint venture with the Hong Kong listed Ausnutria Dairy Corporation Ltd (and the subsequent exit from the joint venture arrangement);
- Exxaro Resources Limited with the internal restructure of Australian subsidiaries (which formed a significant part of its global restructure); and
- a Canadian based payment processing and ATM managed solutions provider in the reorganisation of its Australian holding entities to allow for a more streamlined financing structure.