Alex is a senior associate in Lander & Rogers' Corporate team, specialising in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions in a range of industries. In addition, Alex advises on equity and capital markets (including schemes of arrangement, IPOs, secondary raisings and private placements), corporate restructuring and general corporate and commercial advisory work.
Alex works with buyers and sellers in the M&A space, with clients ranging from small-scale start-ups to ASX 200 companies. Alex also specialises in equity capital markets, regularly assisting ASX-listed clients with secondary raisings and private placements, as well as schemes of arrangement. Alex also works closely with clients in the commercial contracting space, with a particular focus on the biomedical technology industry.
Alex has completed secondments at Justice Connect, AIG and QMS Media Limited.
Alex coordinates the pro bono work for the Melbourne corporate team. Her work in this space focuses on corporate governance advice, legal structuring advice, setting up new not-for-profits and negotiating commercial agreements for not-for-profits.
Alex also has a strong interest in innovation and technology. During her secondment at Justice Connect, she worked closely with the homeless law team to develop the "Dear Landlord" application, which went on to win numerous awards, including the 2021 Good Design Award - Best in Class in Social Impact.
Alex is known for her calm, outcome-focused approach as well as her friendly demeanour.
Alex's career highlights including advising:
- Greensync Holdings Pty Ltd in its $14 million sale of Greensync Pty Ltd to the Brookfield Asset Management-backed Intellihub Group
- ASX-listed Cann Group Limited in its CAD$5.5 million acquisition of the Satipharm business from Harvest One Cannabis Inc
- ASX-listed Uniti Wireless Limited in its $532 million acquisition of OptiComm Limited via scheme of arrangement (including the $270 million entitlement offer)
- ASX-listed QMS Media Limited in its $32.7 million acquisition of TLA Worldwide and Stride Sports Management
- QMS Media Limited in its $571.6 million acquisition by an entity controlled by Quadrant Private Equity via scheme of arrangement
- Johns Lyng Group on its $96 million initial public offering