Anastasia has experience in construction and major infrastructure projects locally and internationally. She has been involved in advising front and back-end construction disputes, upstream and downstream disputes, as well as advising insurers on professional indemnity coverage issues.
Anastasia has acted for a number of clients in the private and public sector, including government bodies, infrastructure service providers, manufacturers, contractors, subcontractors, head contractors and principals. Anastasia has drafted and advised in relation to a broad range of construction contracts, including numerous bespoke contracts, Australian Standard, ASDEFCON, D&C, O&M, and EPC contracts.
Anastasia also has experience in advising clients on the preparation of contracts and commercial agreements, contract administration, interpretation and compliance. She has provided commercially-focused advice on negotiating and administering contracts through expert determination, mediation and commercial negotiations.
Prior to joining Lander & Rogers Anastasia completed a secondment with an international joint venture, where she gained in-house experience for over 16 months on a large oil and gas project throughout the construction phase, providing both legal and project management services. She also attended site and worked closely with the commercial team.
Anastasia's career highlights include:
- advising an international joint venture construction company in relation to a multifaceted and high-profile dispute (comprised of a large number of high value claims) related to the Ichthys LNG project. Key responsibilities included coordinating and undertaking discovery in relation to a large number of claims regarding change order requests, collating and analysing evidence for the purposes of preparing witness statements, drafting witness statements, and preparing detailed advice to the client regarding the merits of change order request claims following analysis of evidence
- advising a New South Wales government body on the Regional Rail DBFM Project to replace the entire New South Wales regional diesel rail fleet (comprising the Endeavour, XPLORER and XPT fleets). As key lawyer on the project providing partner support from the outset of the project until financial close, Anastasia's responsibilities included co-ordinating negotiation of a large number of project documents, assisting in drafting procurement and project documents and advising in negotiations, and co-ordination of completion and financial close
- advising the D&C contractor on its bid for the North East Link project. Responsibilities included participating in extensive and complex negotiations with the services contractor on all aspects of the interface arrangements and drafting and reviewing updates to the interface deed and associated negotiation documents
- assisting in advising a Northern Territory government body in litigation relating to an energy and power station. Key responsibilities included preparing an adjudication application and drafting witness statements under the Construction Contracts (Security of Payments) Act (NT)
- advising a sophisticated defence and maritime company in relation to a major dock repair and upgrade project at the Garden Island Defence Precinct (GIDP). Anastasia was responsible for drafting a complex and bespoke precedent D&C subcontract to be utilised for engaging all contractors engaged for the dock upgrade project; and drafting and advising in relation to a complex, bespoke precedent D&C contract for the wider business (not limited to use on the dock upgrade project)
- assisting in advising a housing association in relation to its successful bid for the transfer of over 2000 social housing tenancies under the NSW Government’s social housing management transfer program
- acting for project consultants in claims involving combustible cladding
- advising insurers on policy coverage issues and professional indemnity disputes brought against engineers, architects, and builders (NCAT, District and Supreme Court of NSW).