With over 20 years' experience in providing structuring, strategic and risk management advice to onshore and offshore public and private organisations, Nicola advises lenders (bank and non-bank), sponsors, developers and corporates on a range of multi-million-dollar finance transactions.
Nicola's areas of expertise include real estate and construction finance, corporate finance, acquisition and leveraged finance, asset finance, derivatives, securitisation, secondary debt trading, green/ESG finance, receivables finance, restructuring, margin lending, syndications and sub-participations.
Nicola is highly experienced in bilateral, syndicated and club financing transactions, REIT financing, joint venture transactions and mezzanine and preferred equity finance transactions, with a focus on real estate finance, both investment and development, across the full suite of real estate asset classes.
She is known for her exceptional service delivery and execution focus, being readily available to assist clients and to drive transactions at the fast pace that clients and industry require. Her approach is highly commercial and pragmatic and she enjoys working closely with clients as a trusted advisor to understand their business and anticipate their needs, to add value and contribute to their success.
Nicola's recent career highlights include advising:
- global private equity firm KKR on the financing of a 5-star hotel in the Sydney CBD and the financing of a portfolio of industrial assets
- global real estate firm Hines in connection with the non-bank funding of the acquisition and subsequent development of various commercial office assets, including in Victoria
- one of the world's largest alternative investment management firms on the construction financing of various Australian logistics developments
- a Singaporean sovereign wealth fund across multiple green loans to fund acquisitions in NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD
- national developer Metro Property Group across multiple transactions, including joint venture establishment and structuring, development management arrangements, capital structuring arrangements and over 20 land and construction facilities from bank and non-bank lenders
- all 4 major Australian banks, regional banks, offshore banks and non-banks on a range of real estate, corporate, acquisition and margin loans.